Winston & Strawn partner Liisa Thomas, based in the firm's Chicago office, is the host of a new podcast for LexisNexis®. The weekly podcast, "Privacy Week in Review with Liisa Thomas," takes a brief look at some of the top news in the privacy area over the last week. The podcast is Winston & Strawn's latest series of privacy law news offerings intended as a service for clients and friends. The following are links to the podcasts that have aired to-date:
- December 13, 2012: being careful when making security claims.
- December 7, 2012: the importance of knowing the kind of tracking your company is doing.
- November 29, 2012: a new data privacy law in Columbia that could slow the flow of information to the United States beginning in 2013.
- November 16, 2012: the importance of a social media policy.
- November 8, 2012: why you should consider getting written signed consent before sending pre-recorded telemarketing calls.
- November 5, 2012: the Federal Trade Commission is looking to the public for ideas about anti-robocalling technology.
- October 23, 2012: think about what your business partners do with information and lists you give them.
- October 17, 2012: should employers look at employees' social media activities, and what are breach notification obligations in Europe?
These podcasts are not intended as, nor should they serve as a substitute, for legal advice. More privacy law news can be found at Winston's privacy blog, Privacy Law Corner and on Twitter, @WinstonPrivacy.