With strong North American roots originating in Chicago in 1853, Winston & Strawn serves businesses – from Fortune 500 corporations and financial institutions to small and midsize companies – from coast to coast. In the 1970s, the firm began expanding beyond Chicago and today has offices in Charlotte, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C.
Our established presence across North America allows us to efficiently and effectively meet our clients’ legal needs. With the most recent openings in Houston and Silicon Valley to serve clients in intellectual property and commercial litigation matters, to expanding our presence in New York to better assist clients with their financial services needs, we have the experience to advance our clients’ business objectives in the United States and abroad.
With more than 800 attorneys across the United States, we work together to resolve challenging deals and complex cases. We are proud of our people, the interesting matters we handle, and the impressive clients we serve.
San FranciscoWinston & Strawn LLP
101 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111-5802
+1 (415) 591-1000
+1 (415) 591-1400
Winston & Strawn’s San Francisco office is home to more than 115 attorneys and professional staff. Located in the center of the city’s financial district, the office provides stunning views from the Golden Gate Bridge to the rolling hills of the East Bay. With Silicon Valley just down the road and the city’s technology industry growing, our San Francisco office sits at the heart of California’s high-tech corridor.
Created as a result of the firm’s 2003 merger with Murphy Sheneman Julian & Rogers, our San Francisco office opened with a notable team of restructuring, corporate lending, private equity, and commercial litigation attorneys. Over the past decade, we have quickly grown our Bay Area presence to offer services to clients in a number of other areas, including the energy and financial services sectors, and experience in antitrust, white collar defense, intellectual property, state and local tax controversy, and labor and employment. Our strong litigation practice recently expanded to include capabilities to assist clients on compliance and enforcement matters arising under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other countries’ anti-bribery laws.
With a culture that represents the Bay Area’s innovative spirit, our attorneys are regularly honored with high-profile awards and frequently recognized by publications, such as Chambers USA, The American Lawyer, the Daily Journal, and The Recorder.
The entrepreneurial spirit we cultivate influences our office culture. This is reflected in the our Volunteer@Winston Community Service Program. Both attorneys and professional staff work side-by-side on community initiatives such as: the United Way of the Bay Area’s Koko Challenge, the Bar Association of San Francisco’s Food From The Bar campaign, and GRID Alternatives, which installs solar power systems to families in need to help them conserve energy and save money.
From Oakland Airport
- Start going towards the AIRPORT EXIT on AIRPORT DR 0.3.
- Turn Right on 98TH AVE 0.7.
- Turn Right to take the I-880 NORTH ramp towards OAKLAND 0.2.
- Merge on I-880 NORTH 9.3.
- Take the I-80 WEST exit towards BAY BRIDGE/SAN FRANCISCO 1.4.
- Merge on I-80 WEST 5.5.
- Take the FREMONT ST exit 0.3.
- Continue on FREMONT ST 0.5. Crossing Market Street, Fremont turns into FRONT ST 0.1.
- Turn Right on CALIFORNIA ST 0.1
From San Francisco Airport
- Start going towards the AIRPORT EXIT 0.1.
- Take the I-380 WEST/US-101 NORTH/SAN FRANCISCO(I-280) ramp towards SAN FRANCISCO 0.3.
- Merge on US-101 NORTH 8.1.
- Take the I-280 exit towards DALY CITY/PORT OF SF 0.5.
- Continue on I-280 NORTH RAMP towards PORT OF SF 0.3.
- Merge on I-280 NORTH 2.6.
- Take the KING ST exit 0.4.
- Continue on KING ST 0.4.
- Turn Left on 3RD ST 0.6.
- Turn Right on FOLSOM ST 0.4.
- Turn Left on FREMONT ST 0.4. Crossing Market Street, Fremont turns into FRONT ST 0.1.
- Turn Right on CALIFORNIA ST 0.1